Monday, June 24, 2013

Snails, no...Sardines, yes

What a day yesterday... our trusty guide Louis took us all around Evora, and to various rock circle formations (prevalent around here, think Stonehenge but smaller) and then to the county fair under the light of the full moon.
photo credit: Sally Stafford
not ick
I couldn't bring myself to ingest the snails that everybody ordered for a snack (I speared one with a toothpick but as soon as I got it out of the shell I practically dryheaved and promptly fed it to Louis), but I did wolf down the grilled sardine on toast - yum!
ick




I am too tired to write elaborate descriptions, so I'm just posting a few photos. I have my camera set to "Super Vivid", my new favorite setting. 

Louis "The Thinker" on s stone
freshly stripped cork trees
Tree pose by stone






No comments: