Friday, June 21, 2013

It may sound crazy, but in 1996 I saw the Steve Martin art exhibit in Las Vegas and made a vow to myself that I was going to collect art. In the 17 years since, I've either purchased or been gifted 5 wonderful pieces of art. I'm excited to announce that despite dwindling wall space (and bank acct.), I'm adding a sixth to my collection.


It was love at first sight when I walked in to Sally Stafford's art show here at OBRAS and immediately saw this piece. I took a photo before her art talk even began, and kept turning my head to look at the piece during her talk. What I love most is how it captures the tall grass here in this paradise of Evoramonte, Portugal. It's just icing on the cake that I've gotten to know and love the artist, too. She suggested I bring it to my room and sit with it for a few days before committing to it, and so I did, waking up every morning to the glittering golden painting, and looking outside at the real thing. It is the best souvenir of this trip and I can't wait for you to see it in person.

Meanwhile, Wednesday was my talk and reading and I'm attaching a few pictures.

pecha kucha: photo by Sally Stafford
reading from new work: photo by Victoria Cattoni

Still pimpin Imperfect: photo by Victoria Cattoni


Happy Solstice!



No comments: