Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I am so grateful to all the donors to the upcoming Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure event. I reached and exceeded my goal several times and kept having to raise the thermometer to keep up with donations. Just because I stopped doing that doesn't mean you have to stop! Click here to donate any amount. This will be the first 5K I've run since 9th grade, when my friend Lori and I giggled our way through some UCLA course. I have two friends dealing with breast cancer and that is just two friends too many.

On another note, I need to kvell about yoga for a second. This past month has been one of the most stressful on record (details later, in another blog post) and my primary therapy has been yoga. I've been a recreational yogi for years now, but something shifted recently - a new source of comfort and calm washes over me as soon as I'm on the mat. The harder I work my body, the quieter my mind gets. I've never pushed myself to such limits physically before and the rewards have never been greater or more obvious. Yoga literally saved my mind last month. 


I'm reading this book for the second time and devouring every page:


Hey, and this book is on Kindle sale for a mere $2.99:



And by the way, how are YOU? Why don't you let me know in the Comments section.

xo
mc




No comments: