Monday, December 31, 2012

Leaning in to the New Year

I like to enter the new year with less of a resolution and more of a theme.  2013's theme is inspired by my friend Katie who, years ago, told me that I look scared of the camera in photos. That is a nice way of putting it. I have rarely taken a good photograph. My eyes are usually closed, my expression is awkward, my chin-fat has doubled, etc etc. And that's on a good day. Katie, an actress, told me she thought the problem was that I was leaning away from the camera, like I was scared of it, and that's what the photos reflected. She said in all future photographs I should lean in towards the camera/iPhone/iPad/Device. This seemed like a simple fix. I tried it. It worked! I look somewhat relaxed in photos now, not perturbed, not like I want to be anywhere but there. So with that in mind, my theme for 2013 is "leaning in towards life." I hope to greet the new year with lots of excitement and energy and to step towards things that may frighten me, instead of running away. 

What is your resolution?

And speaking of "bad photos", I'd like to close out 2012 with a photo of my celebrity twin. Isn't the resemblance uncanny?


Happy New Year!

No comments: