Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Riding on the Metro-o-o-o

If you live in Los Angeles, you know how debilitating traffic can be. If you don't, you'll just have to trust me; traffic is a toxic, soul-sucking experience when getting from point A to point B. So when my friend Michelle N. suggested we take the metro to see a play we had tickets for, I emphatically agreed.

The metro recently expanded to Culver City - about 15 minutes East of where we both live. Upon studying the website, she realized we could take it downtown, make one transfer at the 7th Street stop and then emerge about a block away from the theater.

I think I can speak for both of us when I say we LOVED the metro! The Culver to Downtown line runs above ground and we had great views of the city. We smugly pointed out all the brake lights as we passed a nearby freeway. "Who would choose to sit in traffic?" we mocked.


Upon arriving downtown, we took the long, sleek escalator up, up, up...

...and this is the view after stepping out of the station.

Downtown! I sing thee praises!

The play Seminar, however, wasn't exactly praise-worthy, in my humble opinion. When you have more fun getting to the play than the play itself, you know you're in trouble.

There was a little glitch coming home. They were only using one track at the Grand stop but we didn't realize this until we missed our train. No worries, we just waited for the next one. 

And hey, what's that above our heads? Life-sized sculptures of people hanging from the ceiling. It was kind of cool, kind of creepy...

I am now committed to riding the metro as often as possible. I absolutely loved the hassle-free experience. L.A., you done me proud.


No comments: