Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Fair to Remember



I hit the carni the other day - the L.A. County Fair. I really didn't expect to have as much fun as I did. From the second you enter the fairgrounds you are assaulted by color:

The booths, the prizes, the people...everything and everyone was awash in pinks and yellows and blues.






Jen posed as a pirate...
Dad popped balloons with darts...

P. rolled around in a hermetically sealed bubble over water...

I took pictures of creepy Hansel and Gretel life-sized cutouts.

But the real coup de grace came when I discovered these little colorful beads... which, when submerged in water for four hours, become...















...marble-sized gooey things which act as soil for plants and flowers.
Just one of the many wonders of the L.A. County Fair!

No comments: