Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer Yum

This summer, I have basically alternated between eating two meals - an amazing corn salad that my friend Jen whipped up when she was visiting and a delicious asparagus/green onion/tofu melange that I got from one of my favorite food blogs. I have enjoyed both so much and so frequently that I'd like to share them with you.

Being a braceface for 7 years, I never warmed to corn. But this summer, I have discovered it in its raw deliciousness. This salad is so refreshing and healthy that you just can't help but feel good about it:

scrape the corn (white is my fav) from two ears of corn into a bowl
Add:
1/4 chopped red onion
1 chopped cucumber
2 chopped tomatoes
1 chopped red or green pepper
salt
pepper
balsamic vinegar
olive oil

Mix well. Enjoy

My other fav. is:

boil udon or soba or any of that genre of noodle in water.

trim, and cut about 5 or 6 asparagus at a sideways angle
same with 2 or 3 green onions
cube tofu (I usually cube about 1/4 of a block when I'm just cooking for myself)
in a separate pan heat olive oil, throw in some red pepper flakes, and add the tofu until it browns on both sides. (season with salt and pepper)
Add:
Asparagus
green onions
chopped garlic (1 or 2 cloves)
chopped or grated ginger to taste
add noodles and mix well
I like to pour in a few tablespoons of Somen Noodle and Soup Base, but you can use soy sauce or any other sauce you might like
to top it off, add chopped basil - I like a lot. And if you like (which I do) toasted almonds pieces and sesame seeds
Eat.
Smile.



This meal makes me very happy, which is why I probably eat it 3x a week.

And there you have it, a food blog from Connections Clark.

1 comment:

Daniela said...

ok I love the food blog you hyper linked to!