Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pen Pals

Melissa-
I'm about to head to Grant Park to talk to everyone gathered, but I wanted to write to you first.
We just made history.
And I don't want you to forget how we did it.
You made history every single day during this campaign - every day you knocked on doors, made a donation, or talked to your family, friends and neighbors about why you believe it's time for change.
I want to thank all of you who gave your time, talent and passion to this campaign.
We have a lot of work to do to get our country back on track, and I'll be in touch soon about what comes next.
But I want to be very clear about one thing...
All this happened because of you.
Thank you,
Barack


Dear Barack,
Thanks for the kudos, but all I did was make a few calls from the comforts of a gorgeous house on the Venice canals. You are the one who campaigned tirelessly, fought fear with hope, incited passion in the young and old. You woke an apathetic nation like a gentle but persistent alarm. We laughed and cried and hugged and most of all exhaled when you won last night. You reminded us that government should be of the people, for the people, by the people and we the people won't let you down. Let us know how we can be of service and I guarantee we will show up in droves and with pleasure, as we did during your campaign. We are so excited for your beautiful family to move into the White House and we can't wait to see you over the next four, hopefully eight, years.
Thank YOU,
Melissa

1 comment:

Rabbit Kinney said...

Hmmm... funny, I thought I was the only who got that message from Barack... ;)

Had a great time calling and hanging with you, Liz and Lizzy at the phone bank. Let's keep in touch!